Playground Theatre Company’s TeenProv instructs our improvisational or “improv” theatre class for ages 11-18. Classes are $99/4 weeks. (4-6 hours of class each week included.)
In our TeenProv Improv Acting class, creative teens get a great outlet in a safe and friendly environment while learning real-life skills, including teamwork, positive thinking, resolving conflict, and rolling with the punches.
Students will learn the fundamental skills required for improvisational acting or “improv”. Improv is an unscripted form of theatre in which the dialogue and scenes enacted between the players are made up on the spot, often based on an audience suggestion. You may be familiar with the hit TV show “Whose Line is it Anyway?” or one of our famous Bay Area improv groups.
The fundamental skills of improv include the following:
- Making lasting friendships
- Organization, memory, and concentration
- Overcoming stagefright
- Getting over shyness
- Being focused and connected
- Strong listening skills
The first half of class focuses on theatre games to improve spontaneity and creativity and reduce stage fright and shyness. The second half of class focuses on scene work to improve acting skills in all facets of theatre.
Each class is 2 hours long!
For more information:
- Visit Playground Theatre Company’s website at http://ptctheatre.com
- Call us at (925) 609-8100
- Email us at email@example.com
- BEGINNING CLASS – Monday, 4-6pm
- ADVANCED CLASS – Wednesday, 5-7pm (By audition or invite only)
- INTERMEDIATE CLASS – Saturday, 1:30-3:30pm.