(Future classes: 5/14, 6/11, 7/16, 8/13, 9/17)
Register here: http://someanticsimprov.eventbrite.com
Intro to Improv is an opportunity to let go, release your inner child, and just have fun. Whether you are brand new to Improv or have previous performance experience, this workshop is a chance to unleash your ability to play and to discover your spontaneity. This class adapts to suit all levels of improvisor, from beginning to professional.
In this workshop, you’ll work with Improv rules/vocabulary, play games, and encourage your ability to be silly. Intro to Improv is about having fun, discovering your spontaneity, getting onstage. It also addresses the most essential skills of Improv, including the following:
- Saying Yes and…!
- Exercising your confidence and concentration
- Saying the first thing that comes to mind and not worrying about being clever
- Getting over shyness
- Being present and connected with your partners
- Understanding structure and mixing in your own spontaneity
- Performing tactics to make great scenes
*Intro to Improv is a 2 hour workshop. After the workshop, if you’d like to continue in our Improv program, suggestions for placement in a class or training troupe will be recommended.