The Electric Bass is the foundation of a good band. The rock that the harmony is built on, a good bass player is necessary for
a good groove, whether you’re playing blues, rock n’ roll, punk, hip hop, or funk.
Under The Sun Studios is proud to present private bass lessons with the staff of Under The Sun Studios. Members of our staff have been teaching in the Walnut Creek/Concord area since the beginning of the Millennium. Our patient, consistent, and well-planned approach will have you well on your way to playing the bass with very little muss and certainly no fuss. We want you to love music and understand how it works.
Check out what you get when you come to Under The Sun Studios.
- Well-thought out and complete Beginning Curriculum – Our Studio Director has been writing Under The Sun Studios’ bass curriculum since before there was an Under The Sun Studios. We’ll get you grooving almost as easily as you can count.
- Customized Goals and Progress Reports – When you study at Under The Sun Studios, you have more than an individual teacher at your disposal. The Studio Director, Head Instructor, Assistant Instructors, and Interns meet regularly to discuss each student’s progress individually. Not only that, but EVERY quarter, the Studio Director will meet with you to discuss your goals and design your personalized curriculum. This way, we can be assured that every student makes progress towards each of their own particular goals.
- Play Outside of your Bedroom – No one wants to spend their time just playing along with recordings in their bedroom. After learning your first basslines, we help you see why you put in that work. At Under The Sun Studios, we help you learn the tunes and then give you opportunities to play them live with your fellow musicians, with and without an audience.
- Walking That Bassline – Basses don’t just rock, they WALK. The art of the walking bass is only one way to express oneself. We’ll give you the tools to walk that bass under any groove that needs it and all the licks and fills to not just be that guy in the back with the weird looking guitar with only 4 strings. THEN, we’ll give you the opportunities to showcase your skills.
- Jazz Band? – Ready to do Jazz Band at your school? We have a special curriculum for you. Read the notes, learn the the scales and the chord tones, and get ready to improvise over the changes.
- Write Your Own Songs – We’ve helped a lot of local artists find their voice over the years and we want you to express yourself, too. Unlock your potential and tell the world what you want to say in song. We’ll get that catchy riff out of your head and onto the instrument and then teach you how to put it into a song that really shows your emotions. And, if that isn’t enough, we’ll give you a place to showcase it to the world at our on our performance stage.
- Access to Gear, Accessories, and Repairs - Under The Studios carries all the gear and accessories you need to play in our music store! We have sheet music, picks, strings, instruments, straps, amps, and a knowledgeable salespeople and repair personnel for all of your retail musical needs.