The drummer is the clock for the band. No rock or pop band would be complete without the drummer laying down the groove. Need a gig? Learn to play the drums, you’ll never be sitting at home wondering where you can find musicians. They’ll be calling you!
Under The Sun Studios is proud to present private drum lessons the staff of Under The Sun Studios. Members of our staff have been teaching in the Walnut Creek/Concord area since the beginning of the Millenium. Our patient, consistent, and well-planned approach will have you well on your way to playing the drums with very little muss and certainly no fuss. We want you to love music and understand how how it works. Your ability to communicate musically with your bandmates is our priority!
Check out what you get when you come to Under The Sun Studios.
- Well-thought out and complete Beginning Curriculum - The Studio Director has been writing Under The Sun Studios’ drum curriculum since before there was an Under The Sun Studios. We’ll get you grooving almost as easily as you can count.
- Customized Goals and Progress Reports – When you study at Under The Sun Studios, you have more than an individual teacher at your disposal. The Studio Director, Head Instructor, Assistant Instructors, and Interns meet regularly to discuss each student’s progress individually. Not only that, but EVERY quarter, the Studio Director will meet with you to discuss your goals and design your personalized curriculum. This way, we can be assured that every student makes progress towards each of their own particular goals.
- Play Outside of your Bedroom – No one wants to spend their time just playing along with recordings in their bedroom.
- After learning your first grooves, we help you see why you put in that work. At Under The Sun Studios, we help you learn the tunes and then give you opportunities to play them live with your fellow musicians, with and without an audience.
- Drum Fills and Solos – The drums have their own special way of expressing themselves. We’ll give you the tools to solo and fill under any groove that needs it and all the skills to be more than the guy behind the wall of drums. THEN, we’ll
give you the opportunity to show it off at our jam night, open mic night, or with our performance ensembles.
- Reading Music – Beginning with coordination of your four limbs, we teach the skills necessary to read and write drum notation and rhythms correctly. Understanding music is a very important part of communicating with your bandmates.
- Setup, Tuning, and Technique – Setting up your set for yourself is almost as personal as choosing a toothbrush. We’ll give you tips to get your set feeling and sounding the way you want with the least amount of effort. Special attention is devoted to tuning the drums and learning stick control.
- Access to Gear, Accessories, and Repairs -Under The Studios carries all the gear and accessories you need to
play in our music store! We have sheet music, drum sticks, metronomes, and
a knowledgeable staff of salespeople and repair personnel for all of your retail musical needs.