Whether you call it the ol’ six string or your trusty axe, the guitar seems to be the instrument everyone wants to play. Do you want to strum a few chords to sing along with, play some classical music, or blaze through a rockin’ solo? The guitar is there for you to express yourself.
Under The Sun Studios is proud to present private guitar lessons with the talented staff instructors of Under The Sun Studios. The members of our staff have experience in the Walnut Creek/Concord area extending back to the beginning of the millennium. Our patient, consistent, and well-planned approach will have you well on your way to playing the guitar with very little muss and certainly no fuss. We want you to love music and understand how how it works.
Check out what you get when you come to Under The Sun Studios:
- Comprehensive Beginning Curriculum – The Under The Sun Studios Staff has been writing and constantly improving the Under The Sun Studios’ beginning guitar curriculum since before there was an Under The Sun Studios. It has been taught to hundreds of students in the Walnut Creek/Concord area. You could be next!
- Customized Goals and Progress Reports – When you study at Under The Sun Studios, you have more than an individual teacher at your disposal. The Studio Director, Head Instructor, Assistant Instructors, and Interns meet regularly to discuss each student’s progress individually. Not only that, but EVERY quarter, the Studio Director will meet with you to discuss your goals and design your personalized curriculum. This way, we can be assured that every student makes progress towards each of their own particular goals.
- Play Outside of your Bedroom – After learning your first chords, we help you see why you put in that work. At Under The Sun Studios, we help you learn the tunes and then give you opportunities to play them live with your fellow musicians, with and without an audience.
- Improvisation and Lead Guitar Solos – The art of the guitar solo is a great way to express oneself. We’re big on self-expression here at Under The Sun Studios. We’ll give you the scales and the phrases so you can build your soloing vocabulary.
- Jazz Band? – Ready to do Jazz Band at your school? We have a special curriculum for you. Read the notes, learn the chord shapes, and get ready to improvise over the the changes.
- Write Your Own Songs – We’ve helped a lot of local artists find their voice over the years and we want you to express yourself, too. Unlock your potential and tell the world what you want to say in song. We’ll get that riff out of your head and onto the guitar and then teach you how to put it into a song that really shows your emotions.